20 November 2014

Healthy "Nutella"-variation and breakfast idea

Nutella? Healthy? Why not?!

To tell the truth, I can barely name a person who hates "Nutella". Toast with it for breakfast, pancakes, of course, cookies and so on and so forth. But if you check the nutrition facts you will definitely get scared (if you can compare the facts and are aware of some simple nutrition basics) because of the following statements:
- 55% of it is simply sugar;
- 2 tbsp of "Nutella" = 200 calories;
- a half of the calories from this tasty spread comes from fats;
- I think I can continue and make a long list but I won't.

The thing is that we love something sweet with chocolate nutty taste. And the more - the better, the happier we seem to be. BUT! A clever person can find a good substitute and be even happier afterwards:)

I love avocados. They are flavorful, able to decrease bad cholesterol level and increase the good one. Once I had some time and good mood to create something special I decided to find out my "Nutella" substitute. After a couple of experiments I was satisfied: a creamy chocolate butter came into my world. And the recipe is easier than ever.


Ingredients:
2 avocados
8-10 pitted dates
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp lemon/lime juice (optional)

An avocado has to be ripe. If you gently press on it and squeeze it in your palm it will yield the pressure.Once we have ripe avocados let's get started.


Tip!
By the way, the flesh turns brown very quickly after exposure to air. To prevent this, I suggest as an option to add a tbsp of lime or lemon juice.

Simply mix all the ingredients and mix them until smooth and creamy. Here you are;) Take a slice of some whole wheat bread, add 1-2 tbsp of your hand-made "Nutella"-variation and get all the benefits like essential vitamins and minerals, omega 3 fatty acids and pleasure with every bite.


No comments:

Post a Comment